Medical marijuana has been a very useful drug in the treatment of various health conditions. It is a drug that is increasingly being used for the treatment of chronic diseases. It may not be very useful in the treatment of acute symptoms, but it is highly effective in the treatment of chronic symptoms of certain diseases.
Diseases where Medical marijuana is useful
1. Multiple sclerosis: Multiple sclerosis is a disease where the use of medical marijuana has been proven. There are several variants of this disease and most of the chronic forms of this disease are treated with this unique drug.
2. Epilepsy: Epilepsy is a serious condition that can cause severe residual impairments in the brain. It is imperative to treat it as early as possible and also prevent recurrence of seizures. Medical marijuana does just that. It helps to prevent severe seizures and also reduces the occurrence of seizures, thus preventing complications.
3. Arthritis: Arthritis is an inflammation of the joints. Various kinds of arthritis are seen in people. Most of these forms of arthritis are incurable. The pain and limitation in activity in such people is very severe. Medical marijuana helps in reducing the pain and improves movements in arthritic patients.
Symptoms that are overcome with medical marijuana
1. Pain: Pain is a very treatable condition in most diseases. Acute pain can be treated with various drugs, but when the disease is severe and when the symptoms are chronic, only few drugs will be able to help overcome the pain. Medical marijuana is able to get rid of pain in very severe and chronic diseases.
2. Muscle spasms: Muscle spasms can be caused in two ways. It could be caused because of severe pain where the muscle goes into protection mode. Spasms can also be caused because of increased brain activity leading to muscle contractions. Medical marijuana helps in the control of muscle spasm no matter how it is caused. There is a reduction in the severity of spasm. This helps in further reduction of pain and also helps in improvement in the activity levels of affected individuals.
3. Dementia: Dementia is one of the main symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease. Medical marijuana helps in the reduction of dementia. This helps to improve the productivity of people affected by the disease. It also helps in reducing the dependency of the affected person on caregivers.
4. Seizures: There is a decrease in the severity and occurrence of seizures. This helps in improving the health condition of patients.